Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hee Lai Ton Restaurant, Seremban

Since it's Duan Wu Jie (Dumpling Festival) today, we decided to eat out. We chose Hee Lai Ton restaurant as the weather is a little hot lately and the restaurant is fully air-conditioned.

One of the specials for the day is roast duck (special price and freshly roasted). The duck meat was succulent and the skin was very crispy. A bargain at RM15 for half a duck.



There was also a special promotion on crabs - we opted for 'Kam Hiong' style, a little spicy but compliments the crabs very well. RM26.80 per kg.



To complete the meal, we ordered a tofu dish (in abalone sauce and pak choi on the side - RM8) and stir fry baby kailan (I was surprised that this vege dish was the same price as the duck at RM15). The tofu dish is one of my favorites here, I like the smooth velvety texture of the tofu and rich sauce.


Everyone dived into the crab dish except for me - I didn't like getting my hands dirty. I looked through the menu and saw that they had another special for Thursday - shark fin soup at RM10 per bowl. Curious, I ordered a bowl and it tasted surprisingly good considering the price.



Complimentary soup of the day is included in the meal.

Different specials for every day of the week - check out the menu.


Non-halal Chinese restaurant
Comfort: Fully air-conditioned.
Food rating: 8/10
Price: Reasonable
Service: Very good. The waiters here kept my baby amused whilst we ate.
Location: 1398, Permata Villa Club, Jalan Permata 1, Taman Permata, 70200 Seremban (near Puteri school)

1 comment:

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...