Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Big Bad Wolf Books Sale 2012, Part 2

We visited the Big Bad Wolf books sale again today and look at all the books that we got! 33 books and 2 baking tins for just over RM300. This included 14 cookbooks, 7 fiction, 1 on digital photography, and 11 activity/sticker books for the kids :) You can read about my first visit here.

Parking was a breeze today, and the place was quite quiet when we arrived but it filled up by 1pm. Not all payment queues were open so there was a little wait. But I am happy with my purchases. This time I brought along a luggage bag which makes it much easier to browse and move the book around. Wanted to complete my James Patterson collection but there are only a couple of titles available, all of which I have already. Ended up buying lots of Michael Connelly ones. 

I haven't really looked through the cookbooks in detail yet, but I like the "How to Eat In" cookbook by Adam Byatt (RM20), there are still a few copies left when I got mine. "Salt to Taste" is also interesting, and my brother wants to learn how to make pasta from this book. "Starting with Ingredients: Baking" (RM35) is a big book, as you can see, so it will take me a while to go through it all... hopefully I can  learn some basics. Another one which I like is the "101 seasonal treats" which is only RM6 with simple, everyday recipes I will definitely try.



Kids were very happy with their activity books, they are mostly priced between RM3-RM5, except for the "ni hao Kai Lan" ones.

You have read about my first visit to The Big Bad Wolf books sale here.


The Big Bad Wolf Sale will run until 23 December, 9am to 9pm daily at Malaysia International Exhibition & Convention Centre (MIECC), located next to Mines in Seri Kembangan.

Parking: RM2 per entry (weekday), RM3 per entry (weekend and PH)

GPS Coordinates: 3.029612, 101.718289

16 comments:

  1. That's ridiculously cheap! Are the books brand new? U make me green in envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're all new books, though older titles. :)

      Delete
  2. Going to revisit tis Fri...is the Japanese Bible any good? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We both enjoy reading and keep buying books, but our house is too small, not enough space for that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby also made me a bookcase when we moved in... FULL edi also. Guess we need a second one ;P

      Delete
  4. Wow, so many wonderful books! I hesitate to buy too many because i have no space to store them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I must confess I think I've never read James Patterson or Michael Connelly :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James Patterson is my all-time fav author... I have almost all his books :D

      Delete
  6. What a steal!!!!!!!! OoooOoo I spotted a Jeffrey Archer book! LOVE LOVE LOVE all this books! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we have a few Jeffrey Archer books too, good reads.

      Delete
  7. I just don't know why I didn't buy ANY cookbooks when we had this Book Sale here for 3 years in a row :P Yup , I'm drooling at those cookbooks that you've bought ! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I havent had time to browse them yet, but once Christmas is over Im going to start cooking some new recipes.

      Delete
  8. Wow! Now I'll Join Anne & drool over your cookbooks! Yum-yum ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...