Thursday, December 6, 2012

Recipe: Bacon Egg Toast Cups, Revisited (Martha Stewart)

Inject a little sunshine into your day :)


One of the first Martha Stewart recipes that I tried and fell in love with is her bacon egg and toast cups. A definite crowd-pleaser, I decided to revisit this recipe for this month's bloghop "Cook Like Martha Stewart" that I am co-hosting. You can find the previous blogpost and full recipe here.

The best thing about these toast cups is the cute presentation. I have made this over and over again since my family loves it and never tires of them. Put this in front of any kids and they will surely eat it! Put it in front of any adult and they will give you nods of approval. I made it for Hubby for the first time this morning and he absolutely loved it. His comments were "the bread is crisp but still soft, and the eggs are "just nice" - with a lovely soft yolk".

After lots and lots of trial and error in the kitchen, I would suggest 16 minutes (in an oven without fan) as the optimal cooking time for a soft yolk. The egg white has just set and the edges of the toast is nicely browned. Try it this weekend - a very simple recipe, it only takes about 30 minutes in total to prepare and make. (Also great for Christmas day breakfast! I'm sure your guests will love it)




The look of satisfaction on Baby D's face ;) - priceless!



Cool LEGO Santa at Bangsar Village

Please view full recipe here with step-by-step photos. The original Martha Stewart recipe can be found here. For Muslim readers, you can replace pork bacon with turkey or beef bacon.

********************************* 

I am submitting this to the "Cook Like Martha Stewart" bloghop which I am co-hosting with Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Jocelyn of Riceball Eats. To join, simply cook or bake any recipe from any Martha Stewart websites or cookbooks and blog hop with us for the whole month of December 2012.

Your post must be a current post i.e. posted in December 2012 - please do not link older posts.Please mention Cook like a Star in your post and link back to Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, Jocelyn of Riceball Eats and Baby Sumo of Eat your heart out.

You can get the HTML code here: get the InLinkz code (Click on the link, copy and paste the HTML code into your blog post where you want the blog hop list to appear. Make sure you are in HTML mode when you paste in the code)

Happy cooking! Do check out the other bloggers recipe below:


*This recipe was featured on Asian Food Channel's FB page on 17 December 2012.

34 comments:

  1. Hubby's description of this sounds perfect! Looks beautiful too. Irresistible for kids from one to 92 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean, always makes me happy when the family enjoys the things I make.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha not as quick as bacon fry up and fried eggs but this is much cuter and cooler! ;P

      Delete
  3. Looks so good, I want one for breakfast too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mich, I think your kids will like this one!

      Delete
  4. I wonder how many cups I can nom?....hahaha :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many u nom at Swich that day?

      Delete
    2. Only 2...cose I had the Beef and the Barbie...hahaha =)

      Delete
    3. Yep...beef bacon...I wan pork bacon! =)

      Delete
  5. wow! it is beautiful presented! and so nice to have it to start our day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! Definitely puts a smile to our face.

      Delete
  6. So creativeeee! Wish I can try some of this!! ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww dont be sad lah. You can make this easily too. I think your family will like this one.

      Delete
  7. Hi Yen! The toast cups look lovely and inviting! A couple of those and a cup of latte - A perfect start for any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby was pleasantly surprised when I made these for him for breakfast... put him in a good mood for sure!

      Delete
  8. These are one of my favourite breakfast treats-yum! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breakfast treat... that was the description I was looking for :D

      Delete
  9. I love the expression of Baby D, soooo cute. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply delicious and such a pretty breakfast treats ! Baby D sure loves it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got to get him eat lots of cherry tomatoes too (vege!).

      Delete
  11. It is awesome! I tried making it for my nephew the other day, following your recipe, and he gobbled 5 down... we were getting afraid about his egg intake. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for trying the recipe out. And so glad to hear that your nephew liked it... haha need to have portion control next time. :P

      Delete
  12. This definitely look a lots better than the breakfast sold in the restaurant out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for the compliment Choi Yen! Have u made this for Sam already?

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Perhaps a strange soul who doesnt like bacon nor eggs! LOL.

      Delete
  14. Great breakfast idea & looks so gourmet! Baby D is really enjoying every bite of this yummy treat. BTW love his cool look with his hat! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to watch my kids when they eat... esp when I make them something new for the first time. I love how a smile forms on their face when they like it :)

      Delete
  15. Awesome! A Nifty, compact breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've seen this bacon egg in toast cups on food blogs, but I haven't had a chance to give it a try. It's a perfect brunch menu too...but when was the last time I hosted a brunch... LOL. Not after kids for sure! =P But this is definitely weekend menu. Baby D is adorable!!! I miss that age..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Yen,

    Baby D looks very adorable feasting his delicious breakkie cup! Revisited recipes are always reliable and good and I can clearly see that this must be one of them.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...