Saturday, March 23, 2013

Great British Chefs + Tesco RealFood: Cooking with Kids Survey Results

Earlier this month, I shared two articles which I have written on Great British Chef's website on the topic of "Cooking with Kids". In case you missed them, here are the links to them again: 5 Top Tips on Cooking with Kids and How Your Kids Can Help Make Sunday Roast

This is a great initiative by Great British Chefs and Tesco RealFood to get more children cooking in the kitchen, and at the same strengthen the parent-child bond. Kids who learn to cook are also more likely to try new food types. Over 1300 visitors to the website took this survey  on cooking with their children, and here are the statistics taken from the survey. It is indeed fantastic to see that more and more children are getting to spend time with their parents in the kitchen - something which I love doing with my own children as well.

Since school holidays in Malaysia have started, I will be browsing the Great British Chef's website for some kids-friendly recipes by some of UK's top chefs. Recipes can be found here:  http://www.greatbritishchefs.com/collections/kids-recipes 


*You can also view kids-friendly recipes on my blog under the Label: Cooking with Kids.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting statistics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this initiative sounds great! i didn't spend much time in the kitchen as a kid, but i have very fond memories of helping my aunts make pineapple tarts and 'love letter' kuih when i was in primary school. and your kids will definitely have many wonderful kitchen memories to cherish when they're adults, and hopefully pass on their skills and knowledge to their own children too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so, then my kids will be armed with a good life skill even before they reach their teens :)

      Delete
  3. What a great idea to have children learn more about their food. I always wanted to help out but wasn't really allowed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww but you still turned out a really GREAT cook. And cookbook author too :)

      Delete
  4. Yen,
    I love cooking and baking with my kids.
    I will go hop over to your Cooking with kids to see what I can cook with my kids : )

    mui

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...