Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Lavender Farm + Vegetable/Flower Farm + Mushroom Farm @ Gohtong Jaya, Genting Highlands

Before picking strawberries at the Genting Strawberry Leisure Farm, we first visited the lavender farm located right beside it. Entrance fee is RM3 per adult and RM1 per child. Although the lavender farm is quite small, it is still worthwhile to visit if you are a nature or photography enthusiast. Children will get to explore and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.

A sea of purple..

If I am not mistaken, this is an extension of a larger lavender farm in Cameron Highlands. The lavender are planted in a large plot in the centre and then fenced off with white picket fence. No entry is allowed, so you just gotta snap photos from outside the fence line. Other types of flowers line the walls such as morning glory. You will also find lots of yellow daisies as well as honey bees here. 

Once you have finished taking photos, there is a small gift shop at the front, selling lavender products. Oh by the way, when you walk through the entrance, you will smell lavender but it's definitely not from the flowers. 





Morning glory




Yellow daisies and honey bees



My cute darling children... Baby C in her pink tutu skirt ;)








Fern in boots

Peach rose







After visiting the lavender garden, we picked strawberries with the kids and then proceeded to the exit. It will probably take you about 20 minutes to get to the exit since you will go through all types of stalls as well as a vegetable/flower farm/shop and a mushroom farm.

Pine cone


They were selling honey here, and there was a small display with some honey bees. 

Never seen tongkat ali root before, so I thought I'd take a photo. Tongkat ali, known as eurycoma longifolia is a type of medicinal plant.


We have a look around the vegetable and flower farm once we got there. I was hoping to find some herbs here which I can add to my herb garden, but they only had stevia. Lots of cactus, hydroponic vegetables, some other type of organic vegetables, passion fruit, crown daisy and even strawberry plants. 

Cactus



Red rose

Lettuce, grown hydroponically


Crown daisy


Stevia, natural sweetener


Passion fruit


The final stop before exiting the place is the mushroom farm. Different varieties of mushrooms are grown in large canisters filled with a mixture of saw dust, paddy husk and lime. A pretty interesting insight for the children.


Black jelly mushroom


White oyster mushroom

Opening hours: 9.00am to 6.00pm daily. There is no entrance fee to all the other farms, except the lavender farm (RM3 for adults, RM1 for kids)

To get here, drive towards Gohtong Jaya signage, then when you arrive at the town, there will be signage leading towards "Genting Strawberry Leisure Farm."

Location: Genting Strawberry Leisure Farms, No.1, Lot 3707, Jalan Jati 2, Bandar Gohtong Jaya, 69000 Genting Highlands, Pahang Darul Makmur. Malaysia.

Tel: + 603-6100 1121

Website: http://www.gentingstrawberry.com/index.htm

GPS Coordinates: 3.398617,101.766817


If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! Thanks :)

20 comments:

  1. great flowery pics to perk up our day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genting? I thought this was in Cameron. Loved it there, hope to go again, stay a night or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the smell of lavender! These lavenders are quite different from what we saw in Hokkaido, hmm maybe different species.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CK, this lavender is not the genuine lavender. No nice smell. The entrance has nice smell but I think they spray something. Haha!

      Delete
    2. Ah, no wonder, thanks for sharing! :D

      Delete
  4. The Lavender looks quite different from what I saw in picture, is that a different species of Lavender?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, according to my friend it is called Mona Lavender. Can google it. Not genuine lavender hence no nice smell. But still nice for photography.

      Delete
  5. Wow....so beautiful! I've not seen a real lavender before T_T
    And they also have different colors of morning glory here. So pretty ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos. Sure feel good surrounded with lots of colourful flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yen, those aren't genuine lavender. It's real name is Mona Lavender, a "relative" of the genuine lavender. it named after lavender because the colour is the same as the actual lavender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. I also thought it is not genuine lavender as the flowers look different from the one I have at home. And also no nice smell.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful flowers. I like the smell of roses and lavender. My children said they're old lady's scent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for sharing !! I didnt know there's such beautiful place in Malaysia~ I jz went Genting last month.. Wish I can visit this place next round!

    I love love love lavender.. The last time I visit lavender farm was 3 years back in Australia.... Ahh.. miss those good days..

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful photographs, I am such a fan of Lavender and have been working with <a href="http://www.celialindsell.com/category.php?cid=7”>French Lavender</a> for years so I always love hearing about lavender stories from around the world, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi admin,
    I like the smell of rose, Thanks for sharing the beautiful rose. Sure feel good surrounded with lots of colorful flowers and rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Thanks for sharing those beautiful lavender photos, I love lavender flowers and I hope
      to know if lavender can be grown from its seeding. Thanks

      Delete
  12. I love lavender. That's what brought me to your site. And Anonymous, I have two seed packs of lavender sitting on my desk as I type. So yes, it can be grown from seed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi,
    how possible to reach all these farms if i go there by bus from pekeliling?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a great effort to share in blogspot. Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...