Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Shoya Sushi Bar, Isetan The Japan Store, KL

Isetan in Lot 10 has undergone major refurbishment and opened its door last Friday to the public. Known now as Isetan The Japan Store, the departmental store will be showcasing an amazing array of Japanese products, fashion and food.

We took BabySumoKids today to have a look around, and they are lots of cool (and very expensive) stuff. My favorite floor is The Market, located at LG whereby you will find Japanese sweets, bakery, tea, craft beers, sake, as well as lots of Japanese cuisine such as sushi, teppanyaki, soba, udon and more.

We dined at Shoya Sushi Bar, which I believe is owned by the same people as Hanaya and Ten as I spotted some of their chefs here. For all the eateries here at Isetan The Japan Store, you will need to queue and then place your order at the counter and pay, and you will be given a number to bring to your table. The food will be served to your table when ready. From what we observed today, it seems that you can order from different eateries. Service is polite and we didn't have to wait too long for our food to arrive. The setting is similar to a food court though, so the noise levels are pretty high.



Today marks the start of #BabySumoBirthdayMonth, and what a great way to kick it off! I had the Special Bara Chirashi Don (RM23) and it was really good! Of course, the best one is still from Hanaya, but for the price we are paying here (3x less than Hanaya), I certainly ain't complaining. It is definitely on par with the one from Ichiro.

To me, a good bara chirashi is one that has fresh seafood, and the ratio of seafood is more than the rice. This one certainly surpassed my expectations :) The rice is topped with generous amounts of salmon, tuna, cucumber, pickles, ebiko, ika, tako, tamagoyaki and more. When I finished the rice, there were still lots of toppings left. I would definitely return for this.





Baby C and Baby D each picked their own dish and Hubby shared it with them. Baby C chose the Salmon Don (RM26) while Baby D picked the Salmon Zanmai (RM35). The salmon don came with 8 slices of salmon sashimi, topped on sushi rice. Again, it was good for the price.



Baby D's salmon zanmai set came with 3 pieces of salmon sushi, 2 pieces of seared salmon sushi, 6 salmon mini rolls and 1 with salmon roe. I had a piece of the seared salmon sushi and it was pretty good (had that melt-in-the-mouth, fatty texture). Both Baby D and Baby C managed to finish all the mini rolls as well as the salmon roe one and Hubby helped them out with the rest. All sets come with a miso soup. Overall, a great, enjoyable lunch!




Baby D can't wait to dig in


 After our lunch, the kids went to the sushi counter to watch the chefs slice and prepare the fish



The menu here at Shoya Sushi Bar


I have my eye on some of the other eateries such as the Henri Charpentier patiserrie and Kinobu (Kyoto cuisine). Can't wait to revisit!

Here are some photos that we took at Isetan The Japan Store today!

Lots of very nice Japanese homewares


Sailormoon - one of my childhood favs!


The boy and Gundam


Bearbrick 

Sonny Angel


A very posh-looking tea place


Hello my Sumo friend


Fans with Twin Towers print


Coffee place


Plen robot


Embroidery machine... they also have like other cool stuff like laser cutting machines and 3D figurine printing services



I like this Garden located on the 2nd floor... very pretty for photos


Twinning with my darling girl



Opening times: 11am to 9pm daily.

Location: Shoya Sushi Bar, Lower Ground Floor, Isetan the Japan Store, Lot 10 Shopping Centre, 50 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (Parking RM6 for first 4 hours)

Tel: 03-2141 7777

Website: http://thejapanstore.mistore.jp/my/en/index.html

GPS Coordinates: 3.146451, 101.712460


If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates.. Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. The Bara Chirashi Don looks very good. I see you and your girl dressed almost identical and both have very long legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparkling new, eh? Dunno when I can go and check it out - I always stay around BB.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...